- Josh's short story "A Ben Evans Film" has been filmed and is currently in post-production. Directed by James Henry Hall and Bret K. Hall and starring Sky Elobar (The Greasy Strangler), "A Ben Evans Film" follows a man who casts his recently deceased parents as the stars of a movie he refuses to quit making.
- Josh will be directing a film this summer. Alarms of Eden follows two stagehands preparing for tomorrow's opening night show, but discover they can create settings much deeper than any stage should allow.
- On This, the Day of the Pig is available for preorder through the publisher Cemetery Dance. Limited to just 1,000 signed copies. Read a short excerpt & description here.
- Bird Box the movie, starring Sandra Bullock, John Malkovich, and Sarah Paulson, is slated for release December 21st on Netflix with a concurrent theatrical release. This is what Josh had to say about visiting the set: "I never felt like big man on campus nor like I didn't belong. It was wonderfully somewhere between the two. The entire enterprise was efficient, welcoming, intelligent, and elevated. They say the mood on a set is dictated by the director. If so, Susanne Bier is a helluva person."
- Sandra Bullock will star in Netflix adaptation of Bird Box. Susanne Bier is going to direct. They're starting to shoot in September.
- Del Rey Books has acquired Josh Malerman’s Unbury Carol along with a second untitled novel. Unbury Carol is a dark, lyrical adventure novel about a legendary outlaw racing against time to save his first love from being buried alive, while being trailed by threats both mortal and mystical.
- Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX is nominated for the 2014 Shirley Jackson Award!
- Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX nominated for a 2015 Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a First Novel!
- Kirkus chooses Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX as a Best Fiction Book of 2014!
- Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX named the 2014 Best Novel of The Year by thisishorror.com (UK).
- Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX is shortlisted for the inaugural 2015 James Herbert Award for horror writing (UK).