- Josh won a Stoker award for his short story “One Last Transformation.” Watch his acceptance speech on Instagram.
- Fangoria has an exclusive excerpt of Goblin. Read it and get your copy at one of many final booksellers here.
- Coming October 29: Decorum at the Deathbed. An Audible Original. Happy Halloween.
- Listen to a special playlist on Spotify curated by Josh and inspired by his forthcoming book Malorie
- Josh provides an exclusive excerpt of Malorie to USA Today. You can read it right here!
- Josh shares an Excerpt from Malorie with The Hollywood Reporter. Read it here. Malorie publishes July 21!
- Josh's short story "A Ben Evans Film" has been filmed and is currently in post-production. Directed by James Henry Hall and Bret K. Hall and starring Sky Elobar (The Greasy Strangler), "A Ben Evans Film" follows a man who casts his recently deceased parents as the stars of a movie he refuses to quit making.
- Josh will be directing a film this summer. Alarms of Eden follows two stagehands preparing for tomorrow's opening night show, but discover they can create settings much deeper than any stage should allow.
- On This, the Day of the Pig is available for preorder through the publisher Cemetery Dance. Limited to just 1,000 signed copies. Read a short excerpt & description here.
- Bird Box the movie, starring Sandra Bullock, John Malkovich, and Sarah Paulson, is slated for release December 21st on Netflix with a concurrent theatrical release. This is what Josh had to say about visiting the set: "I never felt like big man on campus nor like I didn't belong. It was wonderfully somewhere between the two. The entire enterprise was efficient, welcoming, intelligent, and elevated. They say the mood on a set is dictated by the director. If so, Susanne Bier is a helluva person."
- Sandra Bullock will star in Netflix adaptation of Bird Box. Susanne Bier is going to direct. They're starting to shoot in September.
- Del Rey Books has acquired Josh Malerman’s Unbury Carol along with a second untitled novel. Unbury Carol is a dark, lyrical adventure novel about a legendary outlaw racing against time to save his first love from being buried alive, while being trailed by threats both mortal and mystical.
- Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX is nominated for the 2014 Shirley Jackson Award!
- Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX nominated for a 2015 Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a First Novel!
- Kirkus chooses Josh Malerman's BIRD BOX as a Best Fiction Book of 2014!